10 Reasons Why Travel Agents are Still in Demand
Nivedita Nagpal | On 14, Feb 2015
In the present era where the whole world has gone digital, the prominence of travel agents has seen a downfall. But as a matter of fact, many agents still continue to provide services which you might not be able to find online. Here are some of the reasons why travel agents still exist.
- Well educated and experienced- They can provide insider tips and advice, to help you choose the best vacation spot.Their treasure of personal feedback from clients provide insights that you might not find online.
- Influential- Travel agencies develop a personal relationship with companies. They can leverage this to get you services which you might not get on the internet. They canprovide you with exclusive access to experiences which you didn’t know were available to you.
- The Fixer- Basically, travel suppliers value the travel agency‘s business more than any individual traveler. Hence, they make sure that the traveler and their agent is happy.
- Money- savings- Agents have an access to benefits that can save a lot of money: free room upgrades, spa, food and beverage credits etc.
- Time- Savings- Why search blindly on the Internet for hours, days, or weeks, complicating the travel plans. Instead, have an expert do the research for you.
- Safety- When things go wrong in your trip, they can arrange alternate travel arrangements; even get you in touch with the local people to help you out with your needs.
- Well- Updated- They are informed with the latest offerings of travel agencies. So, if you want to travel on the latest and the best, agents are your genies!
- Pay Is Same- In most hotels and travel agencies, the cost is the same whether you book it yourself or have the travel agent do the work. This is called parity pricing.
- FindYour Perfect Match- A cruise line won’t tell you that their competitor is a better fit for you. Travel agency focuses on “your” needs andthey willfind your perfect match.
- Mutual Relationship- A good agent and travel agency is like a treasure. Once you find them, you will never want to give them up. In a way, they provide you with the best vacation possible with your hard-earned investment.