Benifits of Black Cumin
Black Cumin, a member of parsley family known by its botanical name Nigella Sativa has an interesting story of origin. This herbaceous plan with foliage, delicate purple and white flowers trace back its origin to the tomb of king Tut as it was believed to have benefits extended not only to one’s life but also the life after death. The medicinal properties of the plant have been widely accepted for more than 2000 years.
The use of Black Cumin is not just limited to cooking or baking; it is also used in medicines and cosmetics in almost all the parts of the world. On the account of the multiple remedial uses, Black Cumin was called as ‘panacea’ in ancient civilizations. It was extensively used as a medicinal herb in Egypt and Rome. The drug is rich in all vital nutrients like protein, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2,Vitamin B3, calcium, phosphorous and iron.
According to the studies, the reason for most of the illness is the imbalance in the immune system. Black Cumin contains components likeNigellone and Thymoquinone which helps in increasing the immunity of body. Black Cumin thus increases the disease fighting ability. Lately, the research has proved that Black Cumin can be effective in treating cancer and tumor. It is indeed believed that it cure diseases like tumor and breast cancer without any side effects.
Cumin seeds have also been used by the doctors in Munich for treating diseases like asthma and dust allergies. Interestingly, 70% of the patients were successfully treated too. Black Cumin seeds’ oil is also effective in treating the earaches, respiratory troubles and blood pressure.
As discussed above, Black Cumin seeds have many health benefits. Some of the key benefits are listed below:
- The extract of Black Cumin has anti-parasitic, anti- hypersensitive and carminative properties due to which it can be used for treating many ailments related to respiratory system, digestive system, circulatory system, kidney, liver, stomach and intestine.
- Black Cumin also helps in improvement of tone of body, stimulation of the menstrual cycle, enhancement of the flow of breast milk and milk production in feeding mothers.
- Black Cumin also pacifies nervous system, regulates urine excretion and decreases colic pain.
- It can also treat mad dog bites and the different types of allergies associated with skin like eczema, acne, psoriasis and boils.
- Black Cumin seeds are also used as antiseptic medicine. When taken in capsulated forms they strengthen hairs and nails.
- Cumin seeds act as anti- tumor sterol and are effective in treating tumors and abscesses.
- The chemical analysis of Black Cumin reveals the presence of compounds that increases the resistance power of the body. It has different types of fat ingredients,Linolatic acid 60% and nearly 21% Lipase which helps in maintaining the body temperature. It also contains substances like Saponin Volatile oil and Nigelline which cure urinal passage.
- Black Cumin is indeed an excellent home remedy. For curing headaches, the seeds can be powdered and mixed with flour and the paste can be applied externally. A spoonful of Cumin seed oil mixed with honey, when taken regularly with all the meals of the day,ensures good health and immune system.