COVID-19 Hotspots and NSW Government Guidance on Testing and Self-Isolation
Carol Ann | On 08, Sep 2020
With coronavirus community transmissions in New South Wales seeing an upward trend, the NSW Government has released a list of locations which are known COVID-19 hotspots. If you have been to the below areas, seek testing or self-isolation as per government guidance:
If you have visited these suburbs or LGA’s (Local Government Areas), seek testing even if only mild COVID-19 symptoms present themselves (such as a scratchy throat or runny nose):
- Bankstown (suburb)
- Cumberland LGA
- Fairfield LGA
- Liverpool LGA
- Parramatta LGA
- Sutherland LGA
- Waverley LGA
- Woollahra LGA
- Ku-ring-gai LGA
- Mt Druitt (suburb)
- Randwick LGA
- Sydney LGA – eastern part: includes the suburbs Sydney, Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Woolloomooloo, Potts Point, Rushcutters Bay, Elizabeth Bay, Centennial Park
If you have visited any of the locations below during the time and date shown, get tested at once and self-isolate for 14 days, even if you have no symptoms:
- The Crocodile Farm Hotel, Ashfield: 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm on Friday 4 September for at least an hour.
- The New Shanghai Night restaurant, Ashfield: 6.30 pm to 8 pm on Friday 4 September for at least an hour.
- Oatlands Golf Glub, Oatlands: 6.30 pm to 8.45 pm Friday 4 September
- Albion Hotel, Parramatta: 8.15 pm to 11.15 pm on Saturday 5 September, patrons who attended the beer garden and pavilion for at least an hour.
- Fitness First, Randwick: Anyone who attended Sunday 23 August and Tuesday 1 September should monitor for symptoms and if they develop, get tested right away and self-isolate.
- Hyde Park Medical Centre, Sydney: Monday 24 August to Saturday 5 September
- Eastern Suburbs Legion Club, Waverley: Tuesday 1 September from 6 pm, Friday 4 September from 4.30 pm, Saturday 5 September from 4.15 pm, Sunday 6 September from 5 pm, Monday 7 September from 3 pm
If you have travelled on public transport or been to any of these locations at the times and dates shown, watch for COVID-19 symptoms (if symptoms occur, immediately get tested and self-isolate).
- Clovelly: Clovelly Hotel: 12:45pm to 1:45pm on Saturday 5 September
- Concord: KFC: 1pm to 1:20pm on Sunday 6 September
- Croydon Park: Croydon Park Pharmacy: 1pm to 2pm on Thursday 3 September
- Emerton: KFC: 12pm to 9:30pm on Monday 7 September
- Katoomba: Katoomba Sports & Aquatic Centre: 11:30am to 1:30pm on Friday 4 September
- Liverpool: The Railway Hotel: 10pm to 11:30pm on Friday 4 September
- Maroubra: Fitness First Maroubra: 8am to 12pm on Saturday 5 September
- North Strathfield: Aldi: 10am to 10:30am on Tuesday 1 September
- Putney: Charles St Kitchen: 10:45am to 11:30am on Saturday 5 September
- Rouse Hill: Rouse Hill Town Centre (including Target): 12:30pm to 1:30pm on Saturday 5 September
- Stanhope Gardens: Stanhope Village Shopping Centre (including Kmart): 8:30am to 9:30am on Monday 7 September
- St Ives: Coles, St Ives Shopping Centre, 166 Mona Vale Road: 1pm to 2pm on Friday 28 August
- Wahroonga: Missing Spoon Café: 4:45pm to 5:30pm on Saturday 5 September
- West Ryde: Eastwood Ryde Netball Association: 12:15pm to 1:30pm on Saturday 5 September
- Woolloomooloo: China Doll Restaurant: 6:30pm to 10pm on Thursday 3 September
After three days of no cases of community-spread COVID-19, restrictions on weddings and school sports activities are set to be eased