The Regal Dish - Kadhai Gosht
Nivedita Nagpal | On 24, Aug 2019
This Mughlai dish is one of my favorite dishes! It is traditionally cooked and even served in a wok-like dish called a Kadhai. Serve Kadhai Gosht with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) or Naans (tandoor baked Indian flatbread).
- 1 kg lamb/mutton cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tsps garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/
- sunflower cooking oil
- 4 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 medium tomatoes
- chopped fine
- Ginger julliennes to garnish
- Fresh chopped corainder to garnish
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix the lamb/ mutton with the yogurt, garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala and salt to taste, cover and allow to marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat the oil in a Kadhai (or any other wok-like pan) on a medium flame. Add the green chillies and fry till they stop spluttering.
- Add the lamb with its marinade and fry, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, coriander and cumin powder and mix well. Sprinkle some water over the meat, cover, simmer the flame and cook till the meat is done. Check occasionally and add more water if needed to prevent sticking and burning. Ideally this dish has a minimal amount of thick gravy.
- Turn off fire, garnish with ginger and coriander leaves and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) or Naans.
After three days of no cases of community-spread COVID-19, restrictions on weddings and school sports activities are set to be eased
Australian employers unleash potential of Australia’s 6.9 million migrants with tech solution, Connections