The next three months are going to be full of celebration, not to mention holidays. And if you are a movie-buff, you have all the more reason to smile as Bollywood offers some of its best this year and beyond. The entry into 2017 is going to be spectacular with many big films challenging the jinx about January releases. We present to you our top picks from the Bollywood bandwagon for the months of November 2016 to January 2017.
- Rock On 2 – Rock On!! rocked and so should Rock On 2. While the songs of the prequel were better liked, the additions to the cast have added some novelty. It would be interesting to see Farhan and Shraddha’s chemistry as their live concerts are already making a buzz. Let’s hope we don’t have to tell them to buzz off on 11 November this year.
- Kahaani 2 – This is one Kahaani (story) that you don’t want to miss! The prequel did so well that the producers are not concerned about the film’s clash with SRK’s Dear Zindagi on November 25, 2016. Power-packed performances, edge-of-the-seat suspense, Kolkata by-lanes, Vidya Balan and Arjun Rampal—what’s not to like? We would miss Nawazuddin Siddiqui though. This one is a winner on our list already.
- Dear Zindagi – The title doesn’t give us any clues other than that it could be a coming-of-age drama film with SRK being Alia’s shrink…SRK as shrink, really? But the recent twitter posts by Alia have left us intrigued as their endearing camaraderie generates some hope. This must be different from the typical SRK tearjerkers if we are to watch it.
- Befikre – Ranveer’s pairing with Deepika in every other film was getting nauseating anyway. So he will be back on 9 December 2016, but with Vaani Kapoor this time. The posters are sizzling with their lip-locks at exotic locations. Clichéd? It’s a Yash Raj production. Aditya Chopra is directing this one after a gap of eight years. Cheers!!
- Dangal – This movie is brand Aamir. He transformed his body over a span of 1.25 years to play the role of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat who trained his daughters to be world-class wrestlers. Aamir says the movie is full of light moments like 3 Idiots and will make you cry and laugh. Also, it provokes the audience to challenge the social dogmas regarding women and conformity. It releases on 16 December, 2016. Need we say more?
- Raees – Shahrukh playing a Gujarati don with the mesmerising beauty Mahira Khan as his love interest, Nawazuddin Siddiqui in a lead role, an item number with Sunny Leone, what could possibly beat that combination? One of the most anticipated films of 2017, Raees has constantly been in news since the teaser came out in July. Fans can’t wait for the Republic Day release.
- Kaabil – Blind or not, Hrithik will have us drooling. Besides good-looks, the teaser looks promising with the flickering candle in Hrithik’s eyes and a caption that says “The Mind Sees It All.” This home production, directed by Sanjay Gupta, promises to be a cliff-hanger. Kaabil will compete with Raees on 26 Jan, 2017! Déjà vu, anyone (Mohabbatein vs Mission Kashmir)?