5 WAYS TO SWITCH-OFF YOUR SYSTEM FOR A BETTER AND QUICKER SLEEP
Have you noticed lately that you have become short-tempered, have suddenly gained weight and are making the most stupid decisions at your work place? Check your sleep patterns! If you are unable to sleep properly during the night, sooner or later your professional as well as personal well being will start to get adversely affected. You can follow these 5 tricks which can help you fall asleep faster –
- Prepare a Bedroom Routine – Try to relax your mind by taking a hot bath or by reading a book. But the important part is, to religiously follow these activities each night, before going to the bed. Also, make sure that the room is cool and dark.
- Keep Your Phone Away – Avoid using your cell phone before sleeping. If you are half-asleep or can’t sleep at all, you are inclined to check your phone for messages or for browsing the internet. This makes falling asleep even harder. Therefore keep your phone away from you. If your phone is also your alarm clock, it is recommended to get an actual alarm clock.
- Take Deep Breaths – Unless your body is completely relaxed, you won’t feel like sleeping. When you practice deep breathing, your brain realizes that you are trying to relax and consequently it sends a message to your body to do the same. Your heart rate and blood pressure decreases as your body relaxes and thus you’ll feel sleepy.
- Relax Your Feet – Before going to the bed, wash your feet properly and while you are in bed, try this simple trick. Stretch your feet for 5-10 seconds and then relax, repeat this for 4-5 times. You’ll feel your body is lighter and more comfortable now.
- Play a Game in Your Mind – Sometimes playing a simple game in your mind can help you getting asleep. For example, start counting from 100 to 200, in the multiples of 3. Such games help your mind to focus on sleep, since as you start counting your mind forgets to worry about the impending project report or the unpaid bills whose due dates are getting really close.
After three days of no cases of community-spread COVID-19, restrictions on weddings and school sports activities are set to be eased
Australian employers unleash potential of Australia’s 6.9 million migrants with tech solution, Connections