How important is Facebook in your life? For millions, Facebook is a lot more than just a social networking website. People spend hours on this platform. Never has any other social networking site earned so much popularity. It all started in 2004 from a Harvard dormitory, where a college student built a platform so that his friends and college mates can interact and stay in touch. Now that college student is one of the youngest ‘super achievers’, with billions of dollars in the bank and the user count of that platform has almost reached to a billion. There are a lot of other interesting things that you may not find on the Facebook page of Mark Zuckerberg, the man who started it all with 4 other friends.
- Mark can see all colours except red-green. May be that is why Facebook is coloured blue.
- The name of Mark’s pet dog is Beast, who has his separate page on Facebook and is very popular.
- Most people adore Mark, but even if you don’t, remember, you can’t block him.
- When Yahoo offered $1 billion to buy Facebook, the confident founder and CEO of the social networking site, rejected the offer.
- He met Priscilla Chan, his wife, while waiting in line to use the restroom in Harvard in 2003.
- The talented young man designed the wedding ring for his wife.
- His wedding wasn’t exactly normal too. Priscilla had just graduated and the guests attending the wedlock were actually there expecting a graduation party, until the wedding announcement was made. May be she didn’t create an event on her Facebook page.
- Mark Zuckerberg learnt to speak Chinese in 2010, no, not to convince the Chinese government to remove ban on Facebook in their country but to talk to Priscilla’s family members more effortlessly.