GREEN TEA AND LYCHEE SMOOTHIE WITH COCONUT PUNCH
Are you still searching for that one perfect ‘summer smoothie’ recipe which not only refreshes your mind and soul but is also super-healthy at the same time? Your search ends here! Try our lychee smoothie recipe that comes with the goodness of coconut and the amazing health benefits of green tea.
- 8 fresh lychees
- 1/2 glass of coconut milk
- 1/4 glass of steeped green tea
- 1/4 glass of coconut water
- 2-3 small pieces of crushed coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener
- Boil a cup of water in a pan and then switch off the stove. Put the water in a cup and steep a bag of green tea in it. Remove the tea bag after 1 minute and let the water cool-off in a refrigerator.
- Peel all the lychees, de-seed and wash them.
- Now, put the lychees in a blender along with coconut milk, coconut water and green tea. Blend the mixture till it achieves a smooth consistency.
- Since we’ve used coconut milk as the base, instead of regular milk, the smoothie will be lighter and easier on the stomach. But if you are fan of thick, creamy texture, you can add cream in this mixture as well.
- Once all the ingredients are blended properly add sweetener as per your liking and blend again.
- Take a tall glass, add 3-4 ice cubes to it and pour the smoothie on top. Garnish the smoothie with a few crushed pieces of coconut and honey before serving.
Health Benefits of Coconut, Green Tea and Lychee:
Coconut – Coconut is often termed as a ‘super-food’ since it provides a long list of health benefits including boost in immunity, improved kidney function, better skin and hair, regulation of blood pressure and stronger bones. But the most popular super-power of coconut water and coconut milk is its unquestionable ability to aid weight loss.
Green Tea – If anyone can give a tough competition to coconut as far as health benefits are concerned, it’s green tea. Loaded with antioxidants, green tea improves brain function and it even protects you from certain types of cancers including prostate cancer and breast cancer. It boosts metabolism and thus assists you in weight loss. It also helps you in keeping away from diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Lychee – The tropical fruit is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin B-complex. It is a rich source of a nutrient that plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells. The luscious sweetness of lychee is also capable of protecting you from health risks like asthma and cardiac arrests.
After three days of no cases of community-spread COVID-19, restrictions on weddings and school sports activities are set to be eased