KIM KARDASHIAN’S BEAUTY TIPS FOR YOU
Kim Kardashian a modern-day fashion icon. She has a face ever-ready for a selfie, and she seems to have hair that is perfect no matter what time of the day it is. In this piece, we look at some of her secrets, and how even less-famous women could use them to up their glam quotients.
They say Kim Kardashian is most famous for being famous. But she’s also a fashion icon now, famous for many things besides her fame. For instance, she owns a line of perfumes, runs as many as six businesses, and is much savvier in real life than she appears to be.
And if you know her even in passing, you will know that she has a face that is ever selfie-ready. Today she shares with us some of her beauty tips.
• Begin each day with a squirt of Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale. This is a rich cream moisturiser which retails for $US 455, but you can make pretty much any moisturiser do what it does.
• Throughout your day, keep a box of make-up wipes in handy. Even someone as rich as Kim uses Neutrogena, which costs around $US 2.50 a pack, and a Joe Blasco foundation kit which costs $US 19.50. And keep using these wipes through your day for your face to retain that freshness.
• For the hair, decide upon the type of treatment depending on long it has been since you’ve last washed it. If it is wavy, then go for a curly look, and if you have the time to wash it and if it becomes silky and straight to the touch, go ahead and get it straightened.
• Kim has a four-day hair schedule, which goes like this: start out with a blowout on day one, then go into a messier vibe the next day, and then flat iron it and do a really sleek look on day three since that requires a little oil in the hair. Day four could be a slicked-back ponytail, and on the fifth day is when you wash it. But then, if you don’t have the same time for your hair that Kim does, you could condense it all into a matter of hours and see how it turns out.
• Kim also has the luxury of choosing her makeup man according to her mood and their talents. For example, she says that Mario Dedivanovic makes her look ethnic whereas Joyce Bonelli ups her glam factor. There is also a third, Rob Scheppy, who gives her a tanned appearance whenever she wants one.
• Since many of us cannot choose between makeup artists like she does, it’s good to choose one that brings out our inner characters. In short, make friends with your makeup person.